The key to dressing boho chic over 50 is to focus on pieces that are comfortable and versatile. You’ll want to choose clothes that you can wear for a variety of occasions, and that will flatter your figure.
Some of the best pieces to wear for a boho look include flowy skirts, peasant blouses, and breezy dresses.
Here are some stylish and comfortable pieces that we think women over 50 would look great in:
The Basics: You’ll want to start with a well-fitting pair of skinny jeans or boot cut pants. Once you have the foundation for your boho chic outfit, add one of these tops:
· A peasant blouse
· An embroidered top or sweater
· A flowy peasant blouse. Make sure the flowy fabric is resting gently on your body and not tight against it. You can also choose a long sleeve version with an easy v-neckline for chilly weather.
· A sheer blouse. These look great with skinny jeans or bootcut pants.
The Extras: Once you have your flowy top and well-fitting bottoms, you can choose accessories to complete your boho chic outfit. Some great pieces to try include:
· A pair of platform sandals. These are comfortable enough to walk around in all day at a music festival or outdoor event, but chic enough for a night out.
· A colourful pendant necklace or long silver chain with a cross. This is the perfect finishing touch to any boho outfit.
· A breezy maxi dress. Maxi dresses are flattering and comfortable on most women over 50 and make a great festival or summer party outfit.
· A colourful cotton scarf. This is a great way to add colour and new life to an older boho top (especially if it’s getting a little tight). Simply drape the scarf around your neck and let one end fall down your front. Then, wrap the other end of the scarf at your waist or hips for a little added flair.
With a few key pieces, you can easily create a boho chic look that’s perfect for over 50 women. So grab your favourite flowing skirt or peasant blouse and get ready to rock the boho style!